Princess half marathon weekend, day 3

Friday, February 28, 2014
Day three was the day before race day. We wanted to have a busy morning but then wanted to take it easy in the afternoon since the next morning was going to be so early and tiring.

We spent the morning at Hollywood Studios. We got there at park opening (which was an hour early thanks to extra magic hours) which allowed us to ride all the big things once before we even had to start using our fastpasses. We made a bee-line for Toy Story Mania since that is the ride with the craziest wait times and we didn't have a fastpass for it (had to pick between that and Rockin Roller Coaster). We kept our partners from the previous competitive games and made it the tie breaker, which Christine and I won.

Then we went and hit up Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror with little to no wait, and then a little while later with our fastpasses. I think we rode Tower of Terror 3-4 times in all. I love how the drops change a little each time you do it, and we had some fun with the mid-ride camera. The first time Kimmie got a finger in her eye during the first drop (see arrow below).

We rode Rockin Roller Coaster the first time through the single rider line because it was so much shorter, and so we got a good chance to capture each other's mid-ride photos, and we got this little gem:

And we went and rode Star Wars too even though it wasn't fastpass time because there was no wait. We had done everything we really wanted to do before lunch. We grabbed some turkey legs and soft pretzels for lunch and decided what we wanted to do next. We just happened to be sitting right by the American Idol Experience and maybe it was the subliminal messaging embedded in the commercials we watched over and over on the gigantic TVs screens while we ate, but we decided to check it out. I had never done that before, but it turned out to be really fun. We got to feel like we were in the actual Idol audience and watch three park visitors perform and vote on our favorite. And the winner from each day actually gets a front of the line ticket at a for real Idol audition. One of the ladies we watched was running the princess 10K and half marathon that weekend and was the best singer of the bunch, so we had to vote for her.

Then it started to drizzle so we put on our ponchos and decided that was a good sign to head back to the resort for some afternoon R&R. The weather that afternoon was pretty schizophrenic it would be sunny a few minutes then rain a few minutes. During a sunny spell we decided to go explore the pool area, which is how we wound up like this:

The pool looked really fun, although we never made it off our lounge chairs. After a restful afternoon, we were super excited to go visit the Polynesian resort for dinner at 'Ohana. It was yet another spectacular dining experience and worth a post all it's own, and let's just say thanks to an amazing waiter we left with a loaf of bread hiding in an extra-large water cup and lid.

After dinner we went back to the room and laid out everything we needed for race day: racebibs, tutus, spybelts, assorted Gu, sweatybands, body glide, and all the other necessities when you are going to travel 13.1 miles in a tutu. 

We laid down to try and go to sleep about 8 that night and set our alarms at an alarming 2:30 am. I know I tossed and turned a while in anticipation and was still awake to hear some kind of fireworks go off in some park or another, but eventually fell asleep.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature