Walt Disney World Trip, Day 3

Thursday, October 16, 2014
Though we were out to the wee hours of the morning the night before, somehow we managed to get up and at Animal Kingdom on day 3 for rope drop. Ann and Gary got all three kids up and dressed and on the bus to meet us there which was no small feat. This was the chilliest day of the entire trip we were freezing in short sleeves at the beginning of the day, but then it got warm and really pleasant by mid-morning.

Once in the park our first stop was Dinoland and the ride Dinosaur. Perry was too little to ride it and honestly the ride totally freaks me out so he and I hung out outside.

Then we went and rode the Triceratop Spin. We thought Perry would love it since it is riding around in circles in flying dinosaurs. We were very wrong. He hated it and it's seat belt it makes you wear. I think the bigger issue was that he was in a bad mood from not wanting to ride in his stroller and wasn't going to be happy doing anything confined. Not a fantastic start, but things got better. Kate loved it and did it a few more times while Ben and other "big kids" rode the Primeval Whirl. Meanwhile we let Perry just run around to his hearts content. The kids all had safari Mickey outfits that were super cute.

From Dinoland we tried to go do It's Tough to be a Bug (well everyone but me...I can't stand that attraction and getting stung by the chair I am sitting in) but it was closed for technical issues so we went ahead to Africa and used our Safari Fastpass. Love the Kilimanjaro Safari. Perry loved riding in the truck and pointing out all the different animals.

Then it was time for an early lunch and the Festival of the Lion King show. The show is awesome and we were excited to see it in its brand new theater. The music and costumes and acrobatics were amazing. It was one of our favorite attractions of the whole trip.

To round out the morning we had Expedition Everest fastpasses over in Asia. Everyone rode except Perry and Ben (thanks to Kate's special platform shoes). We used the parent swap to our advantage which allowed a couple of folks to actually ride twice.

After we finished riding a train with the yeti, we split up for the rest of the day. We went and met our favorite dogs Goofy and Pluto at Animal Kingdom before heading back to our resort for naptime.

We made sure to get a big family picture in each park (except Epcot because we weren't all there together at the same time).

After a little nap, we headed to Epcot to meet up with Ann and Gary for the evening.

We walked around the entire world (at least the World Showcase) looking around and sampling food from the different countries and the Food and Wine Festival. There were so many yummy things to choose from.

We had chedder soap and filet mignon from Canada, fish and chips from the UK, school bread from Norway and some gelato from Italy. It was all so good. We did one ride on Spaceship Earth on our way out of the park late that night, but other than that just walked and ate.

When the day wrapped up and we got back to our resort both boys feel fast asleep together on the bed. It had been a big day, bless their hearts.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature